The Kidnap and Ransom (K&R) policy provides the services of a crisis response consultant in the event of an incident. Their response fees and expenses are included to an unlimited extent under the policy.
Unlimited response consultant service
The response consultants guarantee the deployment on site of a negotiator within 24 hours of being notified of an incident. Although the response consultants’ fees and expenses are paid for by the insurer, they work for the assured to achieve their objective: the safe and swift release of the victim.
- The response consultant is available for the entire duration of the incident
- Consultants are highly experienced, totally trustworthy and possess local knowledge
- The consultant will advise on options throughout the incident, liaise with the authorities and media, and provide support for the company and the victim’s family
Crisis and security management
As part of a K&R policy, a Risk Mitigation Allowance (RMA) is provided, which can pay for SCR’s in house consultancy services. These services can be used to improve your preparedness and help your people to avoid vulnerable situations. Furthermore, at no additional cost, you have access to the purpose built operations centre, Alert:24.
- A single point of contact for practical, hands on assistance and
- support to help clients respond when disaster strikes, wherever it occurs
- Staffed 24/7 by experienced risks professionals
- During any incident or crisis, the operations centre acts as a coordination and management centre
- Brings together the most relevant and effective resources from our global network of providers to ensure that our clients achieve the most appropriate and timely solutions.
The K&R policy provides the services of a crisis response consultant in the event of an incident. Their response fees and expenses are included to an unlimited extent under the policy, to cover interventions involving:
- Kill, injure or abduct an insured person
- Cause physical damage to or loss of property
- Disseminate, divulge or utilise trade secrets
- Introduce a computer virus designed to damage, destroy or corrupt the assured’s computerised data
Extortion cover is triggered upon the demand for money as a condition of not carrying out such a threat.
- The policy does not have a deductible (excess)
- A typical policy covers all Directors, Officers and Employees
- Cover is provided 24 hours a day, 365 days a year on a worldwide
- Basis, with no territorial exclusions