Chief Executive Officer
Guy began his insurance career in 1985 working for a major Lloyd’s marine Syndicate. Joined the West of England P&I Club in 1989 to underwrite US based fixed premium programme, which in 1991 became Osprey Underwriting Agency. Osprey was the first dedicated fixed premium P&I independent Managing Underwriting Agency (MUA), of which I became Underwriting Director and CEO.
In November 2015 Osprey became part of Thomas Miller Limited, that in 2017 became Thomas Miller Specialty.
Director of Underwriting
In addition to being the Managing Director for TMSO, Bernt is also responsible for all day to day underwriting operations of TMS.
Coming from an insurance management and underwriting background in Finland Bernt joined Subsea 7 as their Global Risk Manager in 2003, based in Aberdeen.
Joined Assuranceforeningen Skuld (P&I) in 2008 for their new Offshore and became the Active Underwriter of the Skuld 1897 Lloyds Syndicate in 2010.
Joined TMS in 2016 to start the TMSO operation.
Chief Financial Officer
Tim qualified as a Chartered Accountant with Grant Thornton. After qualification, he was seconded to the Investigations Department.
He first joined Thomas Miller in 1992 and has spent much of his career within the corporate side of Thomas Miller as Group Financial Controller and as a director of Thomas Miller & Co Ltd.
In 2009, he became Chief Financial Officer of ITIM, the managers of ITIC and in 2015, he also became Chief Financial Officer of Thomas Miller Specialty Underwriting Agency Ltd.
- Joined Thomas Miller in 1992, leaving in 1998 to spend six years in finance director roles in other services businesses before returning to Thomas Miller in 2004
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
Skills and Experience:
- Insurance Accounting, including Solvency II and regulatory matters
- Group Accounting, including budgeting, consolidations and reporting
- Member Nominated Director of the Thomas Miller defined contribution pension scheme
- Chairman of the Social Committee and a member of the Charity Committee
- Trustee of the Louis Ross Foundation